I did 3 variations blue/ yellow, yellow/ blue, and "bootleg" white-- ha!
I finally finished my first Silkcreen Accordian Book. I tried to make it easy for myself, since the end product would have a panaromic feel to it. So, I decided to do a Tug of War.
|I printed in Vanilla, Cream, Wheat, and White paper to see the difference.|
I used 6 screens/ colors- orange, blue, yellow, pink, and dark red for the outline. I did them with transparency, so that where the colors overlapped- they created green, darker green, purple, and brown. It's always great to do that. You get more colors and save yourself time!
I did run into a few problems, mostly with registration. You can on some of these images, where the colors didn't perfectly meet. Where the orange, yellow, blue, and pink overlapped- was supposed to be brown (the hair and the rope).
I designed it so that the 2 teams had "team colors". The first team had dark green and green. The other had blue and purple. This was inspired by retro swimsuits.
I also got rid of the outside outlines and only left the ones inside or where the colors met. I thought that was a nice touch.
At the end of the book, also had the female audience. I made them pink and purple, so they sank a bit on the background.
I continued them on the back of the accordian book. It was kind of an after-thought, but I thought it added to the look of the book.
These are the "guides" I did in Photoshop to kind of test how the colors would overlap or look. Which of course, didn't exactly translate into silkscreen since the silkscreen paint have a different tone.
These were the inks before I removed the outlines.
I hope you like it!